The Many Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is not just a household spice. There are many health benefits of turmeric. At a simple level, it has been documented to relieve pain associated with arthritis, swelling, and inflammation.
This is because of turmeric’s active component of curcumin. Curcumin is a known anti-inflammatory, which helps reduce pain and increase movement, even in people with osteoarthritis.
This spice has been used for over 5,000 years in Ayurvedic medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine to help manage pain, swelling, digestion, cholesterol, blood sugar, and more.
According to research, one study documented the effectiveness of turmeric, when used daily, was the equivalent of 1200mg of ibuprofen. But, you don’t have to take the ibuprofen and experience it’s side effects, like stomach and digestive issues.
And curcumin has many other health benefits:
- It supports enzymes in the body that help fight free radicals (think less oxidative stress and damage).
- It supports hormone production, helping reverse lowered brain function associated with aging.
- It supports cardiovascular health by improving the function of the tissue that lines your blood vessels—the endothelium.
Curcumin offers significant antioxidant capacity, supports healthy endothelial function, and helps down regulate inflammation. And there are over 10,000 peer reviewed research articles supporting the numerous health benefits of turmeric and curcumin.
More Of The Health Benefits Of Turmeric
- Helps fight viral invaders through it’s support of the immune system and anti-oxidant capabilities.
- Assists in reducing knee pain associated with osteoarthritis.
- Improves sleep.
- Helps improve memory.
- Lifts your mood.
- Supports digestive health.
- Supports healthy aging, again, due to anti-oxidant activity.
How to Maximize the Benefits of Turmeric
With the many health benefits of turmeric noted above, it is virtually impossible to eat enough turmeric to notice a difference. This is why supplementation is essential. Here is my recommended source for this amazing natural remedy. Take 500mg two times per day.
Your Diet and Health Benefits of Turmeric
Using Turmeric as a spice in your cooking is one obvious way to consume the healing spice (recipes). Another is to make a popular drink called Golden Milk. Here is a great recipe.