How to Address Chronic Pain and Inflammation
Many times people seek out chiropractic care because of their aches and pains–neck, low back, shoulders, knees, hands…Even though pain is what they notice the most, the underlying factor that is the true culprit is chronic inflammation, which creates the chronic pain invading their daily lives.
If you have issues related to stiff, achy joints, if you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning, if your knees or hands are painful and even weak, then chronic inflammation is likely part of the problem.
Here are 2 approaches and recommendations for addressing chronic pain and inflammation:
1. Inside-out-approach: The inflammatory process needs to be calmed down. So, seeing a wellness-based chiropractor who uses light force and gentle adjusting is priority #1. The nervous system controls everything that happens in the body, from digestion to hormones to the immune system to the inflammatory response. The internal check engine light is flashing, and getting the nervous system assessed by a good chiropractor is essential to calming the inflammatory response.
2. Outside-in-approach: The next path to support out of control inflammation is a supplement regimen to dampen the inflammatory response. I already wrote about the benefits of turmeric here. Below are other items I recommend for chronic inflammation.
- Digestive Enzymes – Potent enzymes taken on an empty stomach break down inflammatory proteins in the blood stream and body tissues. I recommend Biotics Reseach’s Bromelain plus CLA and Intenzyme Forte.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – These are well known to be anti-inflammatory.(1) I recommend Biotics Research Biomega-1000.
- Ligaplex II – Provides support for connective tissue (tendons and ligaments) and joint support. This is a product by Standard Process.
- Anti-inflammatory diet. See full article here. Basically, it is important to avoid foods that may cause inflammation, and instead eat foods that combat inflammation.
Digestive enzymes and omega-3s are most important. Ligaplex is beneficial, too. The specific supplements listed can be purchased from many holistic healthcare providers (chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopathic physicians). If you are part of Dr. Kalaba’s practice, this can be ordered for you and picked up at the office.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The contents of this website/e-mail are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your personal physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have.